Call in the FBI
Tuesday November 10, 2020
Click here for an Easy Print Version
A Mullings Special
-- END --
- Joe Biden is the President-elect. He beat Donald Trump in the Electoral College 290 - 214 (with Georgia's 16 Electoral Votes still outstanding).
- Biden beat Trump in the popular vote by nearly five million votes. Five million more Americans voted for Biden. Not only that, but Biden's total is over 50 percent of all votes cast - something that doesn't happen in every Presidential election.
- Alas, Biden didn't realize he not only had to beat Trump, but he also had to beat most of the Republicans in the U.S. Senate. The bulk of the Cabinet which hasn't (a) been fired, or (b) tested positive for COVID-19. The Republican National Committee. Attorney General Bill Barr. And, Rudy Giuliani.
Last week Giuliani, having zipped up his pants from his scene in that Borat movie, held a news conference in Philadelphia to announce that the news media doesn't proclaim a victor in these things, Donald Trump apparently does.
The thing is, the presser was announced as being at the Four Seasons in Philly. The Four Seasons Hotel quickly announced it was hosting no such event.
This is true: The event was at the Four Seasons Total Landscaping company in an industrial area which featured a crematorium across the street and an adult bookstore next door.
No reporting on whether Rudy was signing Borat DVDs at the adult book store.
- As you know Donald Trump who once said out loud "I'm a whiner. I whine until I get my way," is in full whine mode.
- He got fired. He's a loser. Fill in your own verb.
- A.G. Bill Barr stuck his head out of whatever hole he has been hiding in to issue a memo in which, as the NY Times put it:
"He made clear in a carefully worded memo that prosecutors had the authority to investigate [election violations], but he warned that "specious, speculative, fanciful or far-fetched claims should not be a basis for initiating federal inquiries."
- Moans and groans aside, I think this is swell. Here's what we should do. We should insist that every time a member of one of those denier groups I mentioned above, issues some statement that pretends to be evidence of wrong doing but has the same standing as a cable network reporter saying on air, "We're hearing …," that the FBI get into the game.
- If any of them have evidence of a crime, then let them state that evidence in front of a Federal Officer.
- Let's see if their phony charges trip off the tongue as easily when they're staring down the barrel of a potential crime known in these parts as a "1001 violation."
- Section 1001 of the U.S. Code states in part:
"Whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully-
falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact; [or]
makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation …
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years…"
- Five years, Mrs. Bueller.
- Pending that, let every reporter covering those clowns ask, "Would you be willing to state your claim before an FBI Special Agent?" and watch them scuttle for cover like the anti-democratic roaches they are.
- You might have voted for Donald Trump. That's fine. You are allowed to do that. If you are a believer you should have done that. But even so, you and I have voted in enough elections to know that when your guy loses, you can wring your hands and howl at the moon but your guy still lost.
- Believe me, I've been doing this long enough that I've darn near worn out the moon from my howls.
- Donald Trump is flailing around, looking for ways to put a dent in Joe Biden's victory so that Biden has to live under a cloud similar to Trump's Russia, Russia, Russia. If the best Trump can do is to order that woman who is in charge of the Transition Office keys to keep them from the Biden people until sometime in January, then he will finally be seen for what he is: A fool who would put all 325 million Americans in jeopardy because his feeling got hurt.
- Fret not. At noon on January 20, 2021 Joseph R. Biden will be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States whether Donald Trump is there or is sulking in Mar-a-Lago counting his money, licking his wounds, and waiting for subpoenas from the SDNY.
Copyright © 2020 Barrington Worldwide, LLC.
All Rights Reserved
Paid Mullings Subscriber!
Current Issue |
Ring | Past
Issues | Email
Rich | Rich
Copyright ©2013 Barrington Worldwide, LLC | Site design by Campaign